I usually don't make New Year's resolutions. To me, they're associated with promises that I don't intend to keep since we joke about how we always make resolutions with such gusto, and then like two hours into the year abandon ship. I am totally guilty of that. But for some reason, this year I have decided that there are a few things I want to intentionally attempt to form into a habit. My motto is "no one can fault you for trying" so I figure if I take the approach of attempting to add new, good habits into my life maybe, possibly I won't feel like an epic failure if I'm not able to follow through. I know you're thinking that logic isn't too airtight, but it makes sense in my head so... yeah. Just think of it more like something comical for you to follow because we all know we're going to have a good laugh when I crash and burn.
So here are the intentional goals I shall strive to attempt...
1. Set aside at least 15 minutes a day to read my bible and journal.
2. Create more. I used to paint but I haven't done that in long time, so I'd like to start doing that more. I also discovered photography last year and I'd really like to keep going with that (I think we all can agree my blog could benefit from that)
3. To piggyback on numero dos- book one photography gig; the kind where someone feels I am mediocre enough to warrant a small stipend.
4. Exercise more. I know, I know, I just had to pick the most cliche goal, right? Realistically I hate exercising. Realistically, I can't make it to the mailbox without keeping a finger poised to call 911 due to extreme heart palpitations and profuse sweating. Three days a week of intended activity is an appropriate place to start I think.
5. Enroll in at least one class so I can finish my college degree ( I left school a couple months after I found out I was pregnant with Toby)
I'm hoping that by blogging I can have an added motivation to follow through with these goals. So if you feel so inclined, drop me a line of admonishment when I fail horribly, and perhaps a nice little anecdote when I do something sorta right. Stay tuned!